Travelling from Russia to Belarus and back during the pandemic
Travelling from Russia by land is possible only if there are valid reasons and documents confirming them. Only citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus can travel on Lux Express, as the route passes through a simplified border crossing point between Russia and Belarus.
Passengers pass border and customs control on their own, crossing the border between Russia and Belarus on foot. Passengers are responsible for the availability of all documents required for border crossing and for their correct execution. After crossing the border, passengers board another Lux Express bus and proceed to their destination.
It is necessary to wear a mask on the bus during the entire trip.
From October 29, 2020 entry to Belarus by land transport from Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Ukraine is closed. From these countries, you can get to Belarus only by plane to Minsk. List of exceptions is here.
Since November 1, 2020, Belarus has restricted the entry of foreign nationals through land borders, including from Russia. The full list of exceptions can be found here.
Since December 21, 2020 entry to Belarus is allowed for the purpose of medical treatment, as well as to visit close relatives who live in Belarus and are not its citizens.
Departure from Russia to the Republic of Belarus (RB)
- Citizens of RB (passport RB);
- citizens of the Russian Federation with a residence permit (passport of the Russian Federation + residence permit in RB);
- Russian citizens, only once:
- for funerals (copy of death certificate or certified death telegram);
- transit (tickets, confirming the trip through the Republic of Belarus in transit);
- citizens of the Russian Federation, who are employees of Russian companies, to work in Belarus on a rotational basis (taking part in ensuring a continuous production process at industrial facilities in Belarus in the construction and processing of minerals, as well as sent to the production facilities in Belarus to work on a rotational basis, specified in the list sent to the Federal Security Service of Russia by the federal executive authority in the sphere of which the organization of the customer’s work);
- citizens of the Russian Federation, for the purposes of treatment (provided that the documents (copies of documents) of the receiving medical organization confirming the treatment are presented, indicating the time of treatment or documents (copies of documents) issued by the Ministry of Health);
- RF citizens, once, to close relatives in need of care (provided documents (copies of documents) issued by a medical organization, confirming their condition, as well as copies of documents confirming the degree of kinship are presented);
- citizens of the Russian Federation, once, who are the members of a family living outside the Russian Federation (on the condition of presenting valid documents, proving their identity, copies of documents, proving the degree of kinship and the right of a family member to live in a foreign country or the right of a family member to have citizenship of a foreign country, for a single exit from the Russian Federation to the place of residence of family members);
- citizens of the Russian Federation, once, in connection with labour activity on the territory of a foreign state (provided the documents confirming the fact of labour activity (labour agreement (contract) with a foreign employer or its copy, work permit issued by the authorized organization of the receiving party, as well as permission to enter a foreign state for the specified purposes) are presented);
- citizens of the Russian Federation, once, for education in foreign educational organizations (under the condition of presentation of documents (copies of documents), confirming education in a concrete foreign educational organization, or documents (copies of documents) of the Russian educational organization about the direction of students for education in a foreign educational organization, and also the permission to enter the foreign state for the specified purposes).
Departure from the Republic of Belarus to Russia
- Russian citizens (passport of the Russian Federation);
- citizens of RB with a residence permit (passport of RB + residence permit in the Russian Federation);
- citizens of RB:
- for the funeral (a copy of the death certificate or a certified death telegram);
- to close relatives (supporting documents);
- citizens of Belarus, who are employees of Belarusian companies, to work in the Russian Federation on a rotational basis (taking part in the work to ensure continuous production process at industrial facilities in the Russian Federation in the field of nuclear power, construction, oil and gas production, processing of minerals sent to industrial facilities in the Russian Federation to work on a rotational basis, specified in the list sent to the Federal Security Service of Russia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia by the federal executive authority in the sphere of jurisdiction of which the customer organization or the State Atomic Energy Corporation "Rosatom" is in charge and following through the Russian-Belarusian state border or checkpoints on the state border of the Russian Federation);
- citizens of Belarus, for the purposes of treatment (provided that they present valid identity documents and are recognized by the Russian Federation as such, and a visa or visa-free procedure in cases stipulated by international treaties of the Russian Federation, as well as documents (copies of documents) issued by a medical organization confirming the invitation for treatment, indicating the time of treatment or documents (copies of documents) issued by the Russian Ministry of Health);
- citizens of Belarus, to close relatives in need of care (under the condition of presentation of the valid documents confirming their identity and recognized by the Russian Federation as such, and visa or in the visa-free order in cases stipulated by the international agreements of the Russian Federation, and also documents (copies of documents) issued by the medical organization confirming their condition, and copies of the document confirming the degree of kinship).
Please note that abovementioned list is for information purposes only. The Carrier is not responsible for passing the state border and observing quarantine measures and does not advise passengers on these issues. For detailed information on the procedure of crossing the state border, please contact responsible state authorities.
The full list of citizens who can leave Russia through the land borders is available on the website of the Russian Border Service. To clarify the list of documents and other information about the procedure for leaving Russia and entering Russia, please call the Border Service of the FSB of Russia: 8 (495) 626-77-40 (from 09:00 to 18:00 on working days).
The full list of those who can enter the territory of the Russian Federation on the website of the State Border Committee. 24/7 Infoline of the State Border Committee of the Republic of Belarus: 810173652612 (in RB +375 17 365 26 12).
Self-isolation and the need for a test
Foreigners and stateless persons entering Belarus from 6 years of age must present a negative PCR test for COVID-19 made no earlier than 72 hours before entering Belarus. This requirement does not apply to citizens of the Republic of Belarus and foreigners with a temporary or permanent residence permit in Belarus. The certificate must be paper-based or in electronic version in Russian, Belarusian or English. Details here. (in Russian)
All citizens arriving in Belarus from red zone countries, including Belarusians, must observe the mandatory self-isolation quarantine for 10 days, and a negative PCR test is also required. The list of red zone countries is published on the website of the Ministry of Health of Belarus ("List of countries where cases of COVID-19 infection are registered"). Countries not listed, including Russia, are in the green zone.
There is no need to observe quarantine or take a test in case of:
- Transit through Belarus within 24 hours. It is necessary to have valid documents confirming the transit: a ticket to the final destination, etc. If transiting more than 24 hours, you need to have a negative PCR test for COVID-19;
- arriving on notification of serious illness or death of a close relative or spouse, and accompanying persons;
- foreigners coming to Belarus on the hunting tour.
Read more about exceptions here. (in Russian)
Upon return to the Russian Federation, Russian citizens should do a PCR test for coronavirus within 3 days after arrival and observe self-isolation until getting the result. Foreign nationals must have a PCR test done no later than 72 hours before entering the Russian Federation.